Reading opens up a whole new world not only for adults but also for children. Babies also benefit from reading. There are quite studies that confirm the benefits of reading to babies. Here are just a few reasons why you need to read the baby:
1. Babies learn language and speech abilities while they listen as you talk. In fact studies suggest that infants who regularly read, starting from the sixth month have almost two times more developed receptive language than those who were not read.
2. Listening to stories can improve memory and increased attention to small children. This happens because it is necessary to remember what happened the previous page.
3. The brain of a baby grows from birth until about the third year. Reading the baby it will not only learn to speak and teach over the language but improve his vocabulary.
4. Pictures in books help babies learn associations of words. You can either show objects while naming them or read about them … or you can just let the baby try to understand the context of the images. You will be surprised how really smart babies are.
5. Most babies sitting in lap while they read. Of course this perpetuates the relationship between parent and child.
6. Imagination is something that should not be overlooked. The books contain pictures, stories and words that develop creativity and natural curiosity of children. This leads to improved mental abilities including problem solving and decision making.
7. Reading is associated with a range of health benefits such as preserving the memory and reduce the risk of dementia.
8. Reading relaxes the baby and parents.
9. Reading before going to sleep can help your baby fall asleep faster. This is important because the baby will quickly turn into the phase, when healthy and sufficient sleep will be necessary for the next day.