Constipation is one of the most common intestinal disorders. Persons who suffer from constipation often complain of irregular and difficult bowel movements, the occurrence of abdominal pain and a feeling of bloating in the stomach. When you say irregular bowel movements, many are wondering what exactly it means. The fact is that among the various people between discharges is different. Some people need to discharge 3 times a week and some 2-3 times daily. It is estimated that 95% of people out of 3 to 21 bowel movements per week and this is considered normal. From the medical point of view, constipation is defined as less than 3 bowel movements per week. A woman more often suffer from constipation than men, and also frequently appears in older people.
The most common causes of constipation are: insufficient fluid intake or dehydration; lack of physical activity; changes in lifestyle (diet, travel, pregnancy, etc.). stress; ignoring the need for a bowel movement or postponement of the discharge; certain medications …
What to do in case if you have constipation
- Consume foods rich in fiber. The best sources of fiber include: fruits (apples, black plums, pears, apricots, oranges, and grapes), vegetables (tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, carrots, beetroot, and cucumber), legumes and cereals.
- Exercise regularly. Walk several times a day for 10-15 minutes and will improve the performance of the digestive system. It is thought that certain yoga postures to ease the symptoms of constipation.
- Olive oil. Many argue that olive oil helps in constipation. Consume 2-3 tablespoons of oil per day.
- Drink enough fluids. How much fluid should drink a person depends on many factors such as gender, age, health, physical activity and other environmental factors, but is generally accepted that you should consume 2-3 liters of water every day.
- Ginger powder – ginger plant that is in the eastern traditional cuisine and medicine is recognized and appreciated as tasty spice but above all as a remedy for headaches, colds, sore stomach and all those diseases caused by poor metabolism. Ginger powder stimulates the production of stomach juices, relaxes the digestive muscles acting on their tone, absorbs and neutralizes toxins in the stomach which helps with cramps, bloating and indigestion.
- Avoid strict diets. Many girls are starving themselves to lose weight and it can cause a disorder of the digestive system. Avoid diets that do not include foods rich in fiber.
- Flax seed is also known as a good laxative. It contains omega-3 unsaturated essential fatty acids, and fiber present help in regulating capital and digestion. 2 tablespoons of minced linseed you can add a meal of cereal or mix it with yogurt.